You only need to do this setup once for each state reporting period:
- Start a State Session.
- From the main menu, highlight "State Reporting Setup Menu" and press Enter.
- Highlight "State Report Maintenance" and press Enter.
- Verify the Report Type is "MSDS" from the Strip Menu:
- Highlight the name of the report and select Update from the strip menu:
- Press Enter to bring up the report you are updating. Then press F1 to accept the defaults.
- Select "Create" from the strip menu to create a new report period. Press Enter.
- Type information into the screen as follows:
a. Version Name: Enter the name of the submission (eg., 2009 Fall MSDS).
b. Report Period Date: Enter the new effective date for the state items to be extracted.
c. Expiration Date: Accept the default.
d. Period Description: Describe the period type.
- Press F1 to save and bring up a copy box. Type the following:
a. Copy an existing: Yes
b. Report Period Date: Type (or Press F5 to select) the date of the last report period.
- Press F1 and then select No (unless you want to create another report period). Press Enter.
- Press F4 to exit the Report Record Maintenance screen. If a new report record has been created, you will be prompted to create another period. Enter No.
NOTE: The actual report record maintenance occurs entirely behind the scenes. The screen is displayed because it is a necessary part of the process when creating a report period.
- Press F4 to exit. A screen will display, showing the report period you just created.
- Press F4 to exit.