The first time you use iReport on a computer, it will need to be configured to know how to speak to your Fulcrum server. Once this is done, you can save and publish reports for other Fulcrum users, edit existing Fulcrum reports right from the repository and create reports that use Fulcrum Domains from the repository.
Start the iReport application. If you have not yet installed iReport, please check out the installation instructions. Be sure to install any necessary Hot Patches as well before continuing.
The "Repository Navigator" and "Domains Window" must both be visible in iReport before you can create and edit reports in Fulcrum. If they are not
- Select the Window menu in iReport
- From the Window menu, select the "JasperServer Repository"
- If the window titled "Repository Navigator" was not visible, it should be now
- Next, from the Window menu, select the "Domains" item
- If the window titled "Domains Window" was not visible, it should be now
Next you need to tell iReport how to find your Fulcrum server and repository. Once setup, you'll be able to see reports, save reports and use Fulcrum Domains to create reports.
Locate the "Repository Navigator" window in iReport and press the first button near the top to create a new connection to your Fulcrum server (you never need more than one connection, so you only have to do this once).
- Fill in the Name of the Fulcrum server. For the "Name" field, fill in a name for your server. If you're not sure, you could just put in the name of your district here (we used "My District" in the example)
- Fill in the URL/Location of the Fulcrum Server. For the "JasperServer URL", clear the whatever is in the field by default and type in the URL that you type in to login to the Fulcrum web interface, followed by "/services/repository". For example, if you log into Fulcrum in your web browser with a URL like "https://fulcrum.mySchool.edu", the URL you would enter here would be "https://fulcrum.mySchool.edu/services/repository"
- Fill in the Organization. For the organization, type in "fulcrum". Don't actually type the quotes and make sure it's all in lower case.
- Fill in your user name and password.For the user name and password, use the user name and password you log into Fulcrum with when using your web browser.
- Press the Save button
You should initially see a single item in your "Repository Navigator" folder like this
If you click on the handle on the left, it should open and show you a list of folder from your repository. While the exact folder names will be different for each district, it should look something like this:
If you get an error or nothing is visible in the "Repository Navigator" window after you pressed save, you may have made a mistake or mis-typed something. This is easy to correct.
- Move your mouse over the name you gave your Fulcrum repository in the "Repository Navigator" window (in this example, the name was "My District" — your name will likely vary).
- Press your right mouse button, A pop-up menu will appear
- Select the last item on that menu called "Properties"
- The Repository setup dialog you saw earlier will re-appear
- Review it carefully and correct any mistakes or typos. Be especially sure that you used the correct URL, user name and password.
- Press the Save button and go back to the last step to see if you can open the repository folder/view in the "Repository Navigator" window.