You cannot submit anything to CEPI without UIC codes, so whenever you have new enrollments you will need to submit an updated UIC Request. Here are the steps:
- Before you can submit a UIC Request, you need to build the file. Start a State Session.
- Select "State Report Builder" and press Enter.
IMPORTANT: Run the build for the proper reporting period. If you have not yet created the correct period, or effective date, see the following: How to Create a Report Period
- Type MSDS in the "Report Type" field, and in the "Report Name" field type 2009 UIC.
- To select the report from a list, press F5 in the "Report Name" field.
- Next, highlight UIC Request in the report type lister:
- Press F4 (or Enter) to return to the report builder message box. Then, type in the Report Period.
- To select the period from a list, press F5 in the "Report Period" field.
- Select the Report Period and press Enter.
Note: You will want the most recent reporting period.
- Initially, set "Purge Data" to Yes to get a clean build.
- Set "Entire Submission" to Yes. (It is no longer necessary to select a record type for UIC requests).
- Press F1.
NOTE: If you entered No in the "Entire submission" field, you will need to select a record type to build (and again to purge).
- Press Enter to select a record type. Then press F1.
- Type or select from a lister (F5) the School Year and Building for the report. Type "All" in the building field to request UICs for the entire district.
- Press F1.
- To just request UICs for those students who do not have one, enter No (which will append the previous request). Enter Yes only if you want to build all students.
- Press F1.
- Select the output method (Printer or File) to create the log file. Type the name of the file (or select your printer). You also have the option to preview the log file.
IMPORTANT: This is not the file that you will submit to the state. It is only a log file. You will probably never need this file, but it is there in case problems are discovered later.
- Press F1 to build your report.
- When the builder completes, hit the space bar to return to the state menu.
After you have built the required data file, you will need to export the file in the proper format. To request UICs from the state, you will submit the exported file.
- From the state main menu, highlight "State Report Exporter" and press Enter.
- In the State Exporter box, type MSDS in the "Record Type" field. In the "Report" field, type 2009 UIC (or press F5 to select).
- To select 2009 UIC, highlight it in the lister and press Enter.
- In the "Report Period" field, type the most recent period created (or press F5 to select).
- To select the most recent period, highlight it in the lister and press Enter.
- In the State Exporter box, type No in the "Select by Record Type" field, unless you only want to request certain records.
- Type the file name that you want to submit (eg., uic_req.xml) in the "Export File" field.
- Press F1 to Export the file.
- Press the space bar when the export is complete to return to the state menu.
- Transfer the UIC Request file to your desktop, and submit it to the state through the CEPI website.